Teatrul “Eugen Ionesco”
Teatrul Dramatic Rus de Stat “A.P.Cehov”
Chisinau, Vlaicu Pircalab 75 tel. (+ 373 22) 22-13-32, 22-33-62
Teatrul Municipal “Satiricus Ion Luca Caragiale”
Teatrul National “Mihai Eminescu”
Teatrul National de Opera si Balet
Teatrul Republican “Luceafarul”
Teatrul Republican de Papusi “Licurici”
Teatrul Studiou “Pe strada Trandafirilor”
Theaters appeared a very long time ago, but despite their age they still remain one of the most popular ways to spend your leisure time. There are several theaters in Chisinau that everyone who appreciates culture and art simply must visit. In the theaters of Chisinau you will be able to fully appreciate the performance of highly talented actors in original plays directed by Moldovans.
The largest theater in Moldova is the national theater Mihai Eminescu. The theater was founded in 1920 and used to be called the National Theater in Chisinau. The plays staged here were mostly by French, Italian, Norwegian, Romanian, and Russian play writers. The actors of the national theater Mihai Eminescu have, on numerous occasions, won the sympathy of viewers at international festivals, including the I.L. Caragiale Festival in Bucharest (1993, 1994), the A.P. Chekhov Festival in Moscow (1998), „Divadelna Nitra” in Slovakia, „Golden Lion” in Lvov. Directors from Russia, Romania, and even Canada came to work with the Moldovan actors at the Mihai Eminescu Theater.
There are several other theaters in Chisinau which deserve our attention. The Republican Theater „Luceafarul”, „Satiricus” I.L. Caragiale, the Theater of Eugene Ionescu, and the „Ginta Latina” Theater are all places where you can enjoy theater classics staged by Moldovan directors.
Sometimes the theaters invite guest performers and you can see plays by foreign troupes. It is worth noting that Ginta Latina has been very successful in making the plays original in several ways – here you can see the most unusual stage decorations, innovative acting styles and very interesting plays.
Places like the National Youth Dramatic Theater from Rose Street falls in a separate category. You will see the performance of young, but very talented actors. The staging is done in a rather contemporary style, which differs considerably from the classical understanding of theater.
The National Theater of Opera and Ballet is a real treasure for Moldova. The theater toured all over the world and won many awards. In addition, the National Theater of Opera and Ballet in Chisinau once hosted such legends of opera like Fyodor Chaliapin and Enrico Caruso, the concert hall has outstanding acoustic qualities and great lighting. The cultural and entertainment programs for international delegations visiting Moldova often times include a visit to the National Theater of Opera and Ballet. If you decide to visit Chisinau you should definitely go check it out.
For those who prefer something more unusual we recommend the Poetry theater of Alexei Mateevic, and for children – the Republican Puppet Theater „Licurici”.
Arta Teatrala din Republica Moldova
1. Teatrul National „Mihai Eminescu” (bd. Ştefan cel Mare, 79)
2. Teatrul Republican „Luceafarul” (str. Veronica Micle, 7)
3. Teatrul Satiricus „I. L. Caragiale” (str. Eminescu, 55)
4. Teatrul „Eugene Ionesco” (bd. Grigore Vieru, 11)
5. Teatrul de Revista „Ginta Latina” (str. Sfatul Tarii, 18)
6. Teatrul Dramatic Rus de Stat „A. P. Cehov” (str. Vlaicu Pârcălab, 75)
7. Teatrul-Studio de pe „Strada Trandafirilor” (str. Cuza-Vodă, 19/3)
8. Teatrul etno-folcloric „Ion Creanga”
9. Teatrul de papusi „Guguta”
10. Teatrul de papusi „Licurici”
11. Teatrul de marionete „Prichindel”
12. Teatrul Poetic „Alexei Mateevici”
13. Teatrul National „Vasile Alecsandri” din Balti
14. Teatrul muzical-dramatic „Bogdan Petriceicu-Hasdeu” Cahul
15. Teatrul „Veniamin Apostol” din Soroca
16. Teatrul Naţional „Mihail Ciachir” – Ciadâr-Lunga
17. Teatrul muzical-dramatic municipal, Comrat
18. Teatrul dramatic de stat din Tiraspol „Galina Aronetki“
1. Teatrul National de Opera si Balet
2. Sala de Orgă
3. Palatul National